Longwood Gardens, Kennett Sq, PA

Longwood Gardens, Kennett Sq, PA
Drinking Water

Saturday, December 19, 2009

OUR MINI VACATION TO EASTHAMPTON, MA in the beginning of September.


Yeaaa!!!!! We finally get to take a vacation. It is most special to me because I took Anita and Antonio to Easthampton, MA to visit my Aunt Bea, to see my childhood haunts, and to meet my cousins. I miss my cousins and don't see them often enough. We were able to visit with them and catch up on old times. It was especially warming to my heart to see my dear Aunt Norma. She holds a special place in my heart. I feel very connected to her spiritually. When I was 10 and 11, we lived in the upstairs apt. at her and Uncle Joe's house with my Grandma Ramsey living downstairs with them. I used to play with my cousin Susie, their first born, and such a cutie. She was a toddler then. Now she's the mother of Heather, mother-in-law of Elias and grandmother of Isabel, Ariana and Mateo, pictured here with me and Norma. Susie has more children and grandchildren who we did not see on this trip.
We moved to NJ a couple of months before I turned 12. There's a piece of me that is still in Easthampton and with my relatives who still live there. I miss all of you. God Bless and keep well. I am hoping to make another trip this summer. It does not do my heart good for the visits to Easthampton to be so far and few between. Family is everything. Cousins and aunts matter hugely to me. I'm so glad that we got together.

No comments:

Post a Comment