Longwood Gardens, Kennett Sq, PA

Longwood Gardens, Kennett Sq, PA
Drinking Water

Saturday, December 19, 2009




































































Much to our delight, there was a Bearfest in Easthampton which, we took pleasure in touring. We didn't have time to see all of the bears as we had a date to visit my cousins. Also, it was very hot and we were getting tired and thirsty from all of the walking around we had been doing that day. I did find a cd of the bears when I stopped in at the Town Hall to get a copy of my birth certificate. Besides looking at the bears, we drove to Nonnatuct Park where I played as a child. I spotted an old slide that looks like it has been there since my childhood. The bike rack you see here sits in front of the library, which we toured. It appears to have been there since my childhood as well. The view of Mt. Tom was taken from the center of town. That's how close the town sits to the mountain. Easthampton is literally at the base of the mountain. Anita remarked, "I wish I could take all of my family and friends that are in NJ and move them and us here to Easthampton. I love it so much!" I think the sharing of my childhood memories and seeing the town itself, plus my cousins and aunt, made it very appealing to Anita and Antonio.

No comments:

Post a Comment