Longwood Gardens, Kennett Sq, PA

Longwood Gardens, Kennett Sq, PA
Drinking Water

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My Aunt Is 96 Years Young - Sharp as a Tack 8/24/10

Yesterday, I called my dear Aunt Bea in Massachusetts for her 96th birthday. She is sharp as a tack. Her mind is amazing. We had a nice long chat. I was hoping the kids and I could take a quick trip up there to visit her before school starts. Sadly, we can't, unless we stay in a motel. Aunt Bea's mind is sharp but, she told me that she has fallen a lot. She has been taken to the hospital twice and, right now has stitches in her head. I'm concerned for her, as she lives alone, has to climb stairs and is really shaky. I will be calling her nephew tomorrow to find out what her status is. I can't imagine her leaving her home after all of these years to live in a safe environment. I believe she will insist on staying put.

No comments:

Post a Comment