Longwood Gardens, Kennett Sq, PA

Longwood Gardens, Kennett Sq, PA
Drinking Water

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Year's Eve 12/31/09.....Traditional Celebration with my Friends


New Year's Eve and my traditional celebration with friends. Our first stop "Red Lobster" where I had the hugest lobster tail I've ever seen. There were four of us this year. Friends, Aileen, Cathy, Audrey and I started out the evening at 5 PM. Mary Ann and Rosemary, you were missed. It just occurred to me that our New Year's Eve celebration tradition has been in continuation since 1989. Good friends, good times always.
After dinner, as is our usual, we moved on to the movies. From that point, after the movie, Cathy and Audrey left for home. Aileen and I hung around the mall and chatted on a bench since it was raining outside and we didn't want to be out in the rain until it was time to leave for the fireworks. At the appropriate time we headed to Camden, to the waterfront across from Penns Landing, taking our time because of the rain (thank God it wasn't icy). We were happy to find that the rain had lessened when we got there. We had a few homemade chocolate chip cookies in the car (thanks to Aileen) then covered up in our rain gear and headed over to the rail to watch the fireworks. The walkway was icy and slippery so I held onto the rail. The fireworks did not disappoint. They are so worth the hour ride to put the finishing touch on the year. Some years there are four of us, sometimes three and this year two. Thank you Aileen for joining me for our yearly tradition, in spite of the weather. I enjoyed our visiting and talking and, sharing the fireworks with you. All of my friends and family know of my obsession for fireworks. And, they all are good sports when I ask them to accompany me to watch many displays. I am so blessed. When are the next fireworks??????? I'm on my way.
HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone! I wish all the best for health, prosperity and serenity for 2010. Anyone who wishes to is welcome to join me for fireworks this year. Fireworks are exhilarating!.

No comments:

Post a Comment