Longwood Gardens, Kennett Sq, PA

Longwood Gardens, Kennett Sq, PA
Drinking Water

Saturday, December 19, 2009




Here's a partial shot of Aunt Bea's dining room where many wonderful meals were served to us. While visiting we had fresh corn, tomatoes, and fruit that came direct from the farm the day they were served. Aunt Bea made a special trip to get these tasty and very much enjoyed goodies for us. YUM! The great thing about Easthampton is that it's a small town so, the farms are close. One, in fact, is across the road from the farm where Aunt Bea grew up. Her nephew, Jonathan, lives at the family farm and is Aunt Bea's chauffeur. We are grateful for his part in our receiving fresh veggies and fruit. Aunt Bea, Your cooking is the BEST!!!!!!
Anita is packing up in the living room. On the front of the fireplace hearth there are two frames (one is hidden) that held silhouettes of me and my sister, done when we were children. On my Mom's last visit, she decided that she and Aunt Bea weren't getting any younger so, she thought it was time for us to take possession of them. Now the frames hold replacement pictures. Aunt Bea made every braided rug in her home, of which there are many. One of the largest is seen here.
I could kick myself for not taking a picture of my favorite place at Aunt Bea's house and that is the back screened-in porch. I attribute that porch for being the reason that I've longed to have my own screened porch for as long as I can remember. We ate out there during our visit as the weather was warm enough in September. Over the years, we've eaten out there, played cards out there, and visited and laughed so often. I hope to go back this summer and again, enjoy it. Aunt Bea, expect a visit from us, God willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment