Longwood Gardens, Kennett Sq, PA

Longwood Gardens, Kennett Sq, PA
Drinking Water

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Wetlands-Best Kept Secret in Veteran's Park 7/25/13

I had three hours to kill on Thursday, and since it was finally cooler, I went for a walk in Veteran's Park. I think the Wetlands are the best kept secret in the park. I passed a couple of people walking their dogs but other then that, I was alone and at one with nature.






 
At first, I thought these were eggs of some sort.
 On further inspection I discovered that they
are mushrooms.

  
At the end of the wetlands and at the Recreation
Dept. parking lot and office, I found out that
Model  Aircraft are flown there.


 
Deer trail.



 
A large section of the path was covered in this clover.






This is just one fish but there was a school
of them in the stream. Without the sun shining
it was difficult to get all of them.


The mystery tree. There was a tapping sound, like a woodpecker. Never did see it. Funny thing, a bunch of people were stopping and looking up for a woodpecker. No one ever found one. The tree sounded hollow and as if something was inside tapping to get out. It's as ft it was saying Let me out, Let me out. Weird. Tapping was more eratic on the return walk. Some folks asked me if I heard the tapping too.

As you can see, the bench is flooded.

I would normally walk this path along the stream.
Not today, FLOODED!

Fern alongside the path to the lake.

This is the picture with the gazebo across the lake
 where I shot pictures of the geese on Tues.


No comments:

Post a Comment