Longwood Gardens, Kennett Sq, PA

Longwood Gardens, Kennett Sq, PA
Drinking Water

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Cooler Weather, finally 7/24/13.

Today was the most pleasant day. Weather was perfect. I sat outside on the patio, relaxed, watched the birds and did my word puzzles. I had the most wonderful experience when a hummingbird flew onto the patio right in front of me. It was so close I could have touched it. It seemed to be attracted to the flower cushion on the empty chair or my green shirt. Then I realized that I had removed the feeder that was out back 'cause I thought it wasn't being utilized. So I put it back after the hummingbird visit in the back. Then Stacy came home and told me that when the feeder was in the front a large hummingbird was drinking from it and drank from every flower port. Soooooo, now I think that the feeder in the back must be feeding this larger hummer. Oh, and this evening we had a visit from a hummer with a red throat. Maybe the cool weather brought them around. I love the hummers and get so much pleasure from watching them.

No comments:

Post a Comment