Longwood Gardens, Kennett Sq, PA

Longwood Gardens, Kennett Sq, PA
Drinking Water

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Bradley Beach Lobster Festival 7/13/2013


At the end of the day I want to say it's all about the lobster but, that isn't so. What it was really about was spending quality time with Anita. Thanks Anita for an enjoyable day. XOXOXOXO


I put Anita in charge of sky pictures on the way home.



We dropped by the inlet before leaving town.

Alligator sausage. I don't think so.


Can you guess what's in the box? Take home for me and Stacy.

The gazebo where we ate and cooled off.


Our footprints after we washed the sand off of our feet.

Christmas trees in fencing to replenish the dunes. When we got close we could smell the pine. It was heavenly. The idea is for the trees to be the base and the sand to collect on them.



The texture of the sand. We were wondering if the black sand is tar.

A haze at the end of the day.

Our selfie taken by Anita.

It's obvious that I haven't been to the pool this summer. No flat tummy this summer.





Clouds.


Yoga on the beach.


Mussels.


Plenty of food for the birds.



This was one huge seagull.


Chomp, chomp.



Anita's first day out in the sun. Top half got burned.

Mussels feast.

Army Corp of Engineers dredging sand at the inlet at Belmar.




Seagulls on the jetty way down the beach at the inlet.

On the beach near us.

The view from our blanket.


My pretty smiling Anita.

Cruise ship way out on the horizon.


Did I mention that I love clouds.


No one we know. Just beach crowd with the buildings at Asbury Park in the background.



Jersey Shore surfers. I tried to pick surfers who resembled CA surfers.



Tootsies in the sand.


The boulders in front of the dune fence are like the boulders that were sent to the Jersey Shore from Princeton. The boulders were dug up from a construction site on the Princeton Ridge near our house. Shore towns purchased them to use for support from hurricanes.


You can see Asbury Park buildings in the distance. Ocean Grove, our favorite beach is between Bradley Beach and Asbury Park.,


Jersey Shore. Bradley Beach is alive and well.

Irish flag too. There were Irish flags and me wearing my Irish shirt.


There were a lot of ATMs. They charged $4.95 fee to use it as Anita found out when she used it to get money to make a purchase.


Jersey Shore common sight. I missed the plane.

Taken from inside the gazebo.



My favorite lobster dish of the day. A tail and corn. Next year this will be the one I will get two of.


Anita and I shared these chips on a stick with salt and vinegar flavoring.

I took the Bacon truck pictures for Antonio and his friends. They love bacon and would have enjoyed the food on this truck.

The ultimate crab cakes.


Anita eating her crab cakes. She claims they are better then the Ugly Mug's and comparable to the crab cakes we had at our cousins in VA.




Bacon.





Waffles, ice cream and bacon.







I would love a bike like this. They are everywhere at the beach. I'm sure that's the case at all beaches.



Our first look at the beach on arrival. Notice the fence that contains the Christmas trees to replenish the dunes.


No comments:

Post a Comment