Longwood Gardens, Kennett Sq, PA

Longwood Gardens, Kennett Sq, PA
Drinking Water

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A Selection of Pictures from Spring 2013

I haven't posted anything for a year and decided today that I would start posting again. Below are photos that I've taken this Spring. Birds, flowers, rainbows and miscellaneous stuff. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoy taking them.



Bought our pansies at McCaffrey's this year and they were beautiful. They're at the end of their blooming season for now.


One of my azalea bushes that I bought for $2.50 at Lowe's on clearance a couple of years ago.



These beautiful lillies were my Mother's Day gift from Anita.


And these beautiful lillies were Stacy's Mother's Day gift from Anita. They were cut flowers that bloomed for two weeks. Every day the bouquet got more beautiful.

Cat birds. Birds that bathe together stay together.



Moved my lillies outside.



One of the rabbits that visit our yard.

The bear was up in a tree in our neighborhood. I was able to catch a lot of good pictures. I just may post more of them above. Also can be seen on my facebook page.


This is the solar globe that Stacy gave me for Mother's Day. It's so pretty. I love it!



The moon as seen through the trees.


Bird bath not just for the birds.


This is the vine that I cut back last year not knowing that it would produce this beautiful veil of flowers. The wren house is behind it. So far we've had two families taking up residence in the house.


I believe this is a female full of eggs. I love watching the birds bathe in the bath in front of my kitchen windowl.



Squirrel eating mushrooms in the back yard. Chomp, chomp.



This wren was squaking at a cat bird on the ground, warning it to get away from the bird house that is up on the fence under the flowering vines.


Mourning dove.


House wren.


This iris was a birthday gift from my friend last year.




Dragon fly on the trellis out front.



The iris in full bloom.



First hummingbird sighting outside the kitchen window.


Stacy spotted this new kind of hawk up in the tree in the back yard. We haven't seen it since.



Love my cardinals. You will probably see a lot of pictures of them.

Stacy is getting good at bird spotting. This guy was across the street at the edge of the school parking lot. She was walking the dog. The hawk had a small bird captured under it's talons. You can't see it in these pictures but, we saw it's wings flapping at one point.  I didn't realize it at the time but the setting on my camera had moved so I didn't get a good zoom on the bird. I think it's a hawk.




I love clouds too.


Night clouds after the movie from the parking lot.

Found this bed of water lilies at the Princeton Jct. train station. I was picking up our friends as they came in from NYC. I turned the corner into the front of the station and the water lillies caught my eye. On my return visit I parked and took pictures of them.





Black and white caught my eye, also at the train station. It turned out to be these geese and not fancy ducks as I thought.


Baby cardinal in the corner of the fence. The Mom was their for a bit, left and afterwards the baby flew over the fence.



Woodpecker eating suet from the feeder behind the hammock.



House wren.





With the June rains we got many rainbows.


Super moon on 6/23/13.


Second hummingbird.


More super moon pictures.


Happy surprise. Beautiful butterfly on one of the pansies.



This picture is my pride and joy. I hope to enter it in a Birds and Blooms contest. Funny thing, it was a happy accident. I was snapping pictures non stop 'cause their was a lot of activity at the bird house. When I downloaded the pictues, this shot was one of them. I love the zoom on my new camera.

Same deal with the bear pictures. I have it yawning and with it's tongue sticking out the side of it's mouth plus many other great shots. I just kept snapping with the zoom on.





Love this picture. What's that you say?


I love to go down to the canal at the Millstone River and shoot pictures of geese, ducks, swans, birds or whatever. Usually find something to shoot. My daughter Deb thinks this picture looks like a watercolor.


I think this would make a great puzzle.











Purple finch. It took me a while to get a picture of this guy. He's skiddish. Now he comes to the feeder with the female.


The pansies after the rain. Used this for my timeline picture on fb for a while until I got the mother wren feeding the baby.





  

No comments:

Post a Comment