Longwood Gardens, Kennett Sq, PA

Longwood Gardens, Kennett Sq, PA
Drinking Water

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sorrow. God Bless you Whitney Houston




WOW! I did not see this coming. At the news of Whitney Houston's death, I started to cry. Even now as I'm watching the TV and the recap of her life, I'm crying again. I think it touched a place in me that reminded me that anyone who is living with addiction, whether family, friend or the actual person using, that the fear of the person dying is always in one's mind. There is a fine line bordering on the life or death of existence. In my past, there were instances where people I loved were close to being taken from my life because of addiction. For a beautiful, super talented woman like Whitney Houston to lose her life, possibly from her past or maybe even present addictions, it tears at my heart. Her songs, which are being replayed over and over in remembrance of Whitney have touched me deeply. Perhaps the words reminding me that there is love lost, love kept in my heart, love that was taken from me. The singing and words of the songs are tearing me apart. I feel it in the depths of my being. Learning to Love Yourself is the Greatest Love of All. Thanks to Whitney and this song, I learned to love myself. Whitney, I am so sad that somewhere along the way, you forgot about loving yourself. God Bless you!

Didn't we almost have it all. I will always love you. (Now I'm bawling) If Whitney touched me so deeply, I can't fathom the millions of people around the world who may be bawling along with me. Whitney Houston, R.I.P. You blessed our lives and left an indelible mark. You will always reign in my book as "The Voice". You are so beautiful. My prayers and thoughts are with your daughter, your mother, your family and friends. I thank you for your voice, for your songs, for the talent that you shared with the world. I don't think any other singer has touched me as deeply as you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment