Longwood Gardens, Kennett Sq, PA

Longwood Gardens, Kennett Sq, PA
Drinking Water

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tornado Like Storm Hit our Old Neighborhood 8/16/10

You can't see storm damage but I thought the lights on the ambulance looked cool.

Antonio was shining a light on the bottom of this upended tree and somehow it made an L. Cool!

Antonio "Holding up a Downed Tree", one of hundreds that fell, this one on a street across from the house we lived in on So. Harrison St.

Just one of the units at Butler Graduate Student Housing owned by Princeton University that was hit with a tree. Four of the units were badly damaged, trees fell on houses, cars, lawns and across numerous roads. It looked like a tornado swept thru the area.

The sky after the storm. I filmed the rain on the flip camera but I can't quite figure out how to load the video on the Blog site. Flip videos specifically are the problem. In theory, it should work but, the videos won't load. Oh well!


Antonio looking at the branch that broke off our tree in the backyard. It wasn't until later when it was evening that I decided to jump in my truck and check out the rest of Princeton. I had heard so many sirens during the storm and after that I figured there had to be damage in town. I wasn't prepared for what I found. The news articles and pictures of the storm damage are posted on my facebook page. I think anyone can look at the pictures or, put in Princeton, NJ storm of 8/16/10 and then google will bring up the news articles.
My camera doesn't take good pictures at night. Since there were no street lights to help the lighting we had only flashlights. It was pitch dark when we weren't in the vicinity of Verizon and PSE&G truck lights or ambulance lights. The pictures are actually posted backwards with the night at the top and the day at the bottom. I figured the night storm shots were "the news" so, I put them at the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment