Longwood Gardens, Kennett Sq, PA

Longwood Gardens, Kennett Sq, PA
Drinking Water

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Had My New Hope, PA Fix Yesterday 7/31/10

Antonio's favorite place to eat. Big surprise for him; Weenie World was for sale last fall. Found it open for business yesterday. Yahoooo!!!!!

The end of the canal minus the water after a flood six years ago when one of the locks was damaged. The water was drained in most of the canal. I just read in a New Hope paper that water was let back into the canal, via the Lehigh River, just last week at the upper end.

Cat-O-Nine-Tails growing in the low water level at this end of the canal.

Another view.

You can see the small corral, at the back of the picture, where the mules are housed when the barges are running. I was surprised to learn that it had been six years since the canal was shut down. I hope the barges will be up and moving sometime soon. It was a pleasant and informative trip to ride the barges, music on board and a historian telling about the canal and the barges.


You'll notice that there is an air conditioner in the upstairs window of the Locktender's house. I'll bet they would have loved that back in the day. haha And the electricity to power it too.




Painted mule in the garden of the Locktender's house.


A bike that is art in motion.


Restaurants, one was once a church, the other an inn.

I've spotted this dragon from the bridge on Main St. but, found myself at it's location after I came out of a Vintage Clothing Store in the basement store in front of it. I was thrilled to get so close to it.

The dragon is near the beautiful garden restaurant of the Wildflower restaurant. Hope to eat there some day soon. Garden has flowers, twinkling lights, water fountains and ambiance galore.

One of our favorite shops on Main St.

Can you spot the giant suit of armor in front of the medieval store?

One spot of motorcycles that always line Main St. The town draws crowds from all walks of life. There's never any trouble. All mingle like brothers and sisters. New Hope is an eclectic town. If you can enlarge the picture, you'll see light reflected on the chrome of a few bikes.

Betty Boop stands in the front of a gift/antique shop. Inside the store had dolls for sale that I happen to have two of the same. Their price: $45. each.

I love New Hope, PA. About every six months or so I like to hit the town and wander. Last evening I took in "The King and I" at Bucks County Playhouse at 4PM. The show was excellent and the scenery beautiful. I truly enjoyed it. The King and I is my all time favorite movie. This is the first time I've seen it on stage and the show didn't disappoint. Then I strolled. I ate pizza and a soda. Then later treated myself to some homemade peach yogurt at Gerenser's. Yum. I went in most of the stores that were open, chatted with sales people and had an enjoyable evening. I stopped by the store that has Danielle's dresses but, found it closed. boo hoo Headed home at 10:30PM. I was stiff and tired but, fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment