Longwood Gardens, Kennett Sq, PA

Longwood Gardens, Kennett Sq, PA
Drinking Water

Monday, July 5, 2010

Japanese Beetles Chomped Away at the Butterfly Bush

Something was chomping away at the butterfly bush. I had to go out with a flashlight at night to find the culprits, as was suggested on the web. Bought a couple of JB killer liquids. They still chomped. A staff member at McCaffrey's told Stacy that we should blend an onion with water in the blender and spray that on the bush. I was hesitatant at first but, relented. It worked!!!!! No more chewing on the leaves so far. Flowers are still blooming. Time will tell if I saved the bush.

1 comment:

  1. Big news. I spotted a big yellow and black butterfly on my chewed up butterfly bush. It was sucking on one of the flowers. Ran for the camera but, didn't get back before it flew away. 7/7/10 Yay!!!!!

    ReplyDelete