Longwood Gardens, Kennett Sq, PA

Longwood Gardens, Kennett Sq, PA
Drinking Water

Sunday, May 16, 2010

"One Night of Queen" at McCarter Theater, Princeton, NJ 5/15/10

This shot was taken after the show ended. The crew and the band, frolicked on stage to Queen music, obviously. They were dancing and goofing around. Fun to watch. They were moving so much that the camera got this cool shot. Well, I think it's cool.

I didn't get any pictures with him wearing a top. Cameras were forbidden but, I saw other people sneaking in shots so I did too. Gary had everyone up and dancing and singing.

Shots are fuzzy due to me sneaking the camera and also constant movement on stage.

Anyway, fuzzy tho they may be, you get the idea. I was pleased to have gotten some shots.

The mike, which was clearly phalic, was placed between his legs quite often. A Freddy move, hello!

Gary Mullen and Me sans makeup. haha As if I usually wear makeup.

"One Night of Queen" ROCKED!!!!! Can't believe they came to Princeton. This was the last show of their US tour. The audience ranged from 9 to 10 yr. olds to folks in their 70s. It was like Freddy Mercury incarnate. Gary Mullen, the singer, had the moves down to a T. He sounds like Freddy, however, he doesn't quite hit the voice range. Very close though. All in all, the show was awesome and I was so glad I went to see it. Couldn't talk Anita into coming with me. She said if it isn't the real deal, then she's not interested. Her loss! Since it was the last night of the tour, programs were only $1. Gary signed autographs after the show and clearly loves chatting with his fans. I met him and had my picture taken with him. Ironically, the first scheduled show was cancelled due to Iceland's volcanic ash. We discussed that and he said it was the most unusual reason a show was ever cancelled. I wished him a safe trip home. And he said, "If we are able to fly home." I'm just watching the news and learned that flights to England and Ireland are cancelled. Gary Mullen and The Works could very well be grounded in the US. Awesome show, I'd see it again in a heart beat!

No comments:

Post a Comment