Longwood Gardens, Kennett Sq, PA

Longwood Gardens, Kennett Sq, PA
Drinking Water

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Crazy Windstorm on Tuesday 5/4/10 - Tree Down




There was this crazy windstorm a couple of days ago. Almost like a mini tornado. I was standing at my kitchen sink when I saw a tree come down from the neighbor's yard across the road. Well actually it turned out to be half of the tree. Split right down the middle. The tree completely blocked the street. When the township came to cut up the tree, I was amazed at how quickly the worker did the job. The wind storm was freaky. I met the neighbor who owns the tree. She said the rest of the tree needs to come down. It was amazing how the tree company worker rapelled the rope until, as you can see, he was at the top of the last tall branch, working his way down until he cut to the bottom. There always seems to be entertainment around here. Either that or I'm easily entertained. haha My friend Mary Ann reminded me that there seems to always be trees falling down around me lately. The next door neighbor has a dead tree in their front yard that is slowly weakening with all of the winds. It's truly a skeleton. If it comes down, it should miss our house. Thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment