Longwood Gardens, Kennett Sq, PA

Longwood Gardens, Kennett Sq, PA
Drinking Water

Monday, April 19, 2010

In tribute to my Aunt Norma Ramsey who passed away on 4/18/10

Even though she couldn't hear well, or see well, she must have smelled the brownies because her eyes lit up when she found them. God Love You Norma. You were one in a million.

With a hole in my heart, I am writing to tell of the passing of my sweet, lovable Aunt Norma. I have felt a special bond with her since I was a child. She and my Uncle Joe married when I was about 10 years old. My family lived in the apartment in the house they bought in Easthampton, MA where I grew up. First, we lost Uncle Joe. He fought in the Korean War, only to come home and die at a young age of a heart attack. Norma never got over the loss of her beloved husband. She was widowed with five children to raise. Life was a struggle and she endured. Norma was a woman of faith and she loved deeply. Her family is going to miss the warmth of her love. I was fortunate to have visited with Norma and my cousins last September. The picture of her above shows her with a brownie in her hand, on its way to her mouth. She wasn't up to eating pizza but as soon as she spotted the brownies, her eyes lit up and she ate two of them. I will always remember the delight in her eyes when she spotted the brownies. I will miss you Norma. You have always held a special place in my heart. That heart goes out to your family, my cousins, who will miss you deeply. I am comforted in knowing that they will always have the memory of your love and support to carry with them forever. And, I feel that your peace at being in God's light and being rejoined with your beloved Joe, and son Franny, makes your passing a little easier to swallow. I will always be thankful for the gift of having you in my life. You are an angel. Farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment