Longwood Gardens, Kennett Sq, PA

Longwood Gardens, Kennett Sq, PA
Drinking Water

Saturday, January 30, 2010

My 55th Birthday Wedding

Since my blog is up-to-date, I decided to post some pictures from the past. This wedding photo is not of an actual wedding but, the wedding birthday party given to me by my friends. It was my 55th birthday and my friends and I were discussing what I wanted to do for my birthday. I made a comment about not having had a formal wedding when I was young. I had realized that I wanted to experience that after taking an art therapy seminar on which I had put a wedding gown on my collage. With that comment, a wedding celebration was born. My dear, sweet, loving friends gave me a full on wedding ceremony complete with formal invitations, a minister (one of the friends), decorations, reception with cake and presents, maid of honor, groom and guests. My Mom gave me away. When I set out to find a wedding gown, a voice in my head was telling me to go to Goodwill in Bordentown. I followed that voice and when I arrived, I saw the gown hanging in the display window. I went inside, asked to see the gown, tried it on and believe it or not, it was a perfect fit. I walked out of Goodwill with my white wedding gown. My maid of honor wore a gown she had worn at a real wedding. Everyone dressed up. The ceremony was held in the flower decorated back yard with wedding bells and streamers. The reception was held at the club house in the development. One of my friends was the DJ, oh, I must mention that my friend Ken was the groom. We had a bouquet toss and a garter toss. It was awesome! It was without a doubt the best birthday I ever had and a perfect wedding ceremony. All of us agreed that Martha Stewart had nothing on us. We are without a doubt, expert party planners. Give us a theme and we will create the party. Anyone need a party planner?

No comments:

Post a Comment