Longwood Gardens, Kennett Sq, PA

Longwood Gardens, Kennett Sq, PA
Drinking Water

Wednesday, July 1, 2009


This is me and my sister Maureen in the picture on the left. I think, with my hairdo, that I resemble my namesake, Claudette Colbert. Then there's the picture on the right. Taken a couple of years later. My mom gave me money to get my hair done and I came home with a poodle cut. The cut earned me the name "Frenchy." How do you like the sunglasses? These pictures were taken in the 50s. Was I really that slender back then? It strikes me funny that my bathing suit has a skirt. I have recently decided that due to my age and nature's plight on my body that I now need bathing suits with skirts. Back then it was a fashion statement. Now it's a camouflage. I might post in-between pictures one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment